1. Are your courses approved by the Virginia Board of Contractors for continuing education requirement?
Yes, we are an approved provider for electrical tradesman continuing education.
2. How do I renew my electrical contractor license?
In order to renew your electrical tradesman license, you must complete a 3-hour continuing education course as well as apply for your license to be renewed before your license has expired. You may take the continuing education at any point during the 3-year term of your license. You can apply for your license to be renewed on the DPOR website here.
3. Will you report that I have completed my continuing education to the Virginia DPOR Board of Contractors?
Yes, as approved providers, we will always report the completion of your continuing education hours to DPOR Board of Contractors.
4. Do I need to retain a copy of my certificate of completion?
It is always best to retain a copy of your certificate of completion for your records at least until the next renewal cycle.
5. Can I have more information about your continuing education class?
Our classes are conduct in a classroom setting and online through Google Meet. Continuing education class are 3-hour and covers some of the major changes that were made in the NEC 2017 update.
6. Do I have to take an exam at the end of the class?
No, you only need to complete the three (3) hours of continuing education.
7. Do I need to bring any documentation?
Yes, in order to prevent delay in DPOR approval we will need the following information:
SSN or VA DMV number
Date of Birth
For more FAQs answered by the DPOR Board of Contractors, please check their FAQs section here.